Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Review of Outwitted

Outwitted
A Sadie Witt Mystery


by Beth Solheim


From the Back cover:
The Witt's End Resort in Northern Minnesota will never be the same when Sadie Witt assumes the role of the funeral director's helper after the untimely murder of the previous assistant. After skeletal remains are discovered under Cabin 12, Sadie and her sister set out to solve a murder and reveal a secret that ties a prominent community member to a notorious crime operation.
Shenanigans abound when the resort manager unwittingly rents Cabin 12 to the funeral director's ex-husband, a raucous character who causes one outrageous funeral mishap after another.
Flamboyant Sadie isn't your typical sixty-four year old senior citizen. The recently departed arrive at Witt's End with issues and she has no choice but to help them unravel their puzzles.
Rachel's thoughts:
I give this book a 3 out of 5. I personally enjoyed it a little more than a 3 but I was a little put off by the occasional unnecessary crude language. I would still recommend the book but not for less mature readers.
I have never read the previous Sadie Witt book (called At Witt's End) so I was a little slow to catch on to the characters but I eventually got everyone straight. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed such unique characters. The story was interesting, well written, and kept me reading. It was an enjoyable book and a fun mystery.


~Rachel~

This book was received to review through Bostick communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.