Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One copy available of Pearl by Darlene Cox

Description from Goodreads:
When Pearl Sutton's brutally beaten body is found in Jacobs Gully by two young boys playing hooky that day, it uncovers secrets of the small town of Faircloth, Virginia. Was Pearl a "loose" woman? Or merely a flirt. While many men tried to tame her, it was only one who had--in her words--knocked her socks off. But, she was married to a man almost twenty years older than she. That didn't stop her, though. Every red-blooded man between the ages of 17 and 47 wanted to "get to first base" with her. Before Sheriff Atherton and his deputies could identify the person who killed Pearl, the body of another young woman is found. One homicide in a town as small as Faircloth was a plate-full, two was over-kill. This homicide will be more difficult to solve because of lack of identity of the victim. There are clues galore, but none that highlight the perpetrator. It's said that trouble comes in threes -- which it did when an assault occurred in the home of Deputy Aikens. The deputy himself is so traumatized that he has no memory of the event, and can't say what happened. His wife is missing. When she's finally found beside a remote highway early in the morning, by a motorist on his way to work, she's in what the doctors call "catatonic" state, Sheriff Atherton has to reach for another plate. And,he has no suspect in sight for any of the incidents. It is when secrets of the small town and its inhabitants come together, that all three incidents are solved.


Thoughts:  I recently gave this book to a friend of mine and asked her to read and review it for me.  I am behind on my review books and I am trying to get everything caught up.  She just emailed me and told me that she only got 24 pages into the book before abandoning it.  It had content that she felt was inappropriate, she and I have similar tastes in books and content and I trust her opinion.  What I would like to do is get this book into the hands of someone who this book is the kind of book that they would feel comfortable reading and reviewing.  I am asking anyone who wants to read it, let me know and I will get it to you.   You just have to promise to get to it soon and write a review.  That way I can pass the review on to the author.  I just need the link.  


I guess this just proves my point, that there is something out there for everyone, but not everything is for me.  Leave me a comment with you email.  The first person who responds with an email gets it.  I will ship it anywhere that has a reliable address.

3 comments:

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.