Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Review of "Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully"

Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad BullyChester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully by Audrey Penn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Genre: Children's Picture Book
Source: Netgalley

I should start off by saying that this is not the first Chester Raccoon book that I have read. My journey with Chester began with the Kissing Hand and I adore the books about him.  When my children were starting kindergarten, the teacher's would read to them the Kissing Hand and do activities with them about their mother's love and that their mother's would be waiting for them at the end of the day.  

Chester, his brother, and a friend are faced with a bully at school. They are like most children and do not want to go to school anymore. They do not have the skills to deal with being bullied.  Mother Raccoon, who I believe is very wise, tells them a story about a stone with rough edges and how the animals were able to smooth the edges out. She then relates the story to dealing with a bully.

I love the message that this gives to children. A little bit of kindness goes a long way. This story is perfect for children and those who love to read to them.

I received a copy from Netgalley to review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.