Friday, April 29, 2011

REVIEW - A World Without Heroes (Beyonders)



           I had been anticipating this book ever since I went to a BYU author signing for Brandon Mull.  He explained the book a bit, not giving out any spoilers (unfortunately) and I was enticed from the very beginning.  Finally it came in the mail, and I put down all my other books for this one.

         Jason Walker is a animal loving Colorado kid who loves baseball.  He is a seemingly average boy who does average things; hang out with friends, think about the smart pretty girl, fight with his parents, so on and so forth.  Little does he know that he is about to add saving a unknown, and completely different planet to the menu.  Lyrian is a mythical realm ruled by an evil sorcerer named Maldor, who has left his kingdom in ruin, and his people with out hope for better days.

        Jason meets Rachel, who like him only wants to make it back home to Earth.  The two soon realize that the way back home lies with saving the planet from the grip of it's ruthless ruler.  The way to destroying Maldor is contained in a word, which when spoken in front of Maldor will kill him.  Together, Rachel and Jason travel all over Lyrian in search of the six syllables that make up the key to Maldor's demise.

       But when the time comes, will it be enough?

       'Beyonders, A World Without Heroes' is one hundred percent completely a 5 star book.  I loved every minute of Mull's new creative world, and can not wait another full year before the second one comes out.  It sparked my interest from the very first chapter, wouldn't you be curious if the main character is swallowed by a Hippo?  I was the very first to read this book out of all my friends, finished it in less then a full day.  When they asked for spoilers, the only thing I would tell them was 'Its  a lie!'  For all of you who have read this book, you would now what I mean.  For you who haven't, well then, you will just have to find out for yourselves, shouldn't you?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book. I keep meaning to pick up something by Brandon Mull. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.