Monday, April 25, 2011

Introducing -Beka -my wonderful daughter

Ok, not a very good picture, but she is a little shy. Beka is an avid reader who has wanted to post reviews on my blog.  She is an aspiring writer and writes books that she shares with her friends at school.  Her friends have written up a contract for her, promising that she won't abandon her latest work so they can read it.

I have decided to take my daughter on as an occasional reviewer.  In fact, I handed her four books last night and was amazed at how good  it felt to lighten my load.  She recently read Brandon Mull's "A World Without Hero's" and Gail Carson Levine's " A Tale of two Castles".  I downloaded them as galleys from the Galley Grab at Simon & Schuster and Netgalley.  She will be reviewing both of them for me.

I think it will be interesting to view the books from the eyes of a 13 year old.  I am contemplating some posts where we review the same book.  A mom said / daughter said kind of a thing.  She wants me to let everyone know that she will be accepting books to review, only with mother's permission of course.

Hopefully within the next couple of days, we will get to hear form her!  I recently bought a used Sony eReader to put all of the ePub editions of books that I review on.  They are no longer on my iPhone, that is part of the reason that we are able to do this now.  There is no way that I will be handing over my phone to my daughter to read a book.  All posts that she writes will be labelled so you know that she is the author.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Beka, Cant wait to read your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea! Welcome Beka, enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Beka,

    Why does it not surprise me that the brilliant daughter of the brilliant mommy likes to write, and will be reading books, and reviewing them on her mom's blog? Hmmm? :) I am really looking forward to your reviews, just like I look forward to reading your mom's thoughts! :D Good luck...

    Congratulations Lisa! :D

    ~Hira~
    Email: Enamoredsoul(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.