Monday, April 11, 2011

REVIEW- "Outside In"

Outside In (Inside Out, #2)Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Me? A Leader? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion - between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again - while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside. And something from Outside wants In.  Summary from Goodreads.


I believe this book is better than the first. I had a harder time putting this one down. This book kept me turning pages, or in this case hitting the button for the next page on my kindle. ;0)

Trella has just saved "inside" from the pop cops and the corrupt leadership of the spaceship. She is trying to find herself, come to terms with her mother's betrayal, and figure out where Riley fits in to her future.

Maria V. Snyder is great at building relationship in her characters. You can feel the struggles that they have. I loved that there were so many complex relationships in this book. Trella has to learn who to trust. There are many watching and judging her. If all if this isn't hard enough, enter the beings that are outside, trying to get inside and take over the spaceship.


Trella is a very strong and determined character. I liked her better in this book. She seemed more mature and confidant. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a dysopian, relationship, sci-fi book. There is some mature content. I would only recommend this to older YA readers.

I received a copy of this book from Harlequin Teen through Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.