Monday, January 17, 2011

REVIEW - "Choke"

Choke (Pillage, #2)Choke by Obert Skye

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pillage was the first of three books in the fantasy adventure that Obert Skye calls a Pillogy. Choke, the second, continues the eccentric adventures of Beck Phillips, who seems to have a knack for causing mischief in the secluded village of Kingsplot. In book one, Beck used his unique gift to unexpectedly hatch several dragon eggs. Thankfully, the dragons were destroyed . . . or were they? In Choke, a stranger has discovered that Beck Phillips is the key to finding and hatching a lost dragon s egg a task that will bring the riches and fortune that Beck s family was destined to have. Beck learns that outward appearances can be deceiving and that grown-ups really do have valuable lessons to offer. Readers will laugh out loud at Beck s antics and sit on the edge of their seats while Beck and his friends confront Liz, the largest, most ferocious dragon Beck has ever seen!  Description from GoodReads

Choke is the sequel to Pillage. I started out reading this book out loud to my son. That was taking too long, so I finished the book on my own. I still have the bookmark in where we left off so we can continue.

Obert Sky is a very creative writer. The story flows at a very good pace and is descriptive enough that it keeps your attention.

I enjoyed my time spent with this book. It is great for YA and middle grade readers.

The above review was written at the hospital on my iPhone.  I am going to let it stand, just because I am tired and I'm trying to catch up on a few things.  Just know that this is a great book, start with "Pillage" first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.