Thursday, January 20, 2011

The "Iron Queen" by Julie Kagawa is almost here!!

Let me start off this review that the "Iron Fey" series of books is one of my favorites.

The "Iron Queen" does not disappoint.

In the "Iron Queen" we see how the characters have grown and developed.  Meghan is no longer the young girl who is a wimp.  She learns to fight and takes control of her destiny.  Her relationship with Ash takes on a whole new dimension.  They grow closer as a couple and come to an understanding of their feelings.

Ash is wonderful in this book.  He is no longer the ice prince.  He has feelings,  hard to imagine, I know, but true.  Puck sums up Ash well with this quote.  " But it is different with you princess. Ash is just afraid  you don't need him.  That whole ice-prince song and dance?" He snorted.  "It's just a device he uses to protect himself, so he doesn't get hurt when someone stabs him in the back.  That happens a lot at the Winter Court, as I'm sure you know."

There is romance, war, inner conflict, etc.  This is a great book and I highly recommend it to readers  16 and over.  I have given it 5 stars!  I don't give out a lot of them.  It has to be a book that I can't put down to qualify.  I read this book in about a day and a half.The Iron Queen (Harlequin Teen)

Content warning:  mild swearing. passionate kissing and you know what happens behind closed doors without  details described.

I have written this review just after reading a copy on my kindle downloaded from Netgalley.  This review was written on November 28th, but I am scheduling a post for January.  At the time that I am writing this post, the book is scheduled to be released on January 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.