Thursday, March 1, 2012

Interview with Tawdra Kandle author of "Fearless"


I am excited to have Tawdra Kandle on the blog today.  She has written a new YA novel. This is the first in King Series.

Here is the book description from Goodreads:
Tasmyn Vaughn didn't expect much when her dad’s job moved them to a small town in Florida; it was just another new school. But there is more to King than meets the eye, and soon Tasmyn’s ability to hear other’s thoughts is the least of her worries. Entangled in a web of first love, quirky and secretive townsfolk, magic and blood rituals, she discovers the town’s secrets aren’t just bizarre, they’re deadly

Now lets find out what Tawdra has to say!


Where did you come up with your story line for Fearless? 
 The basic story line came in bits and pieces, from musings and conversations.  My sister and I had joked about babies being able to hear thoughts (and thus waking up in the middle of the night!), and I wondered what raising a child with special abilities might look like.  Tasmyn's frequent moves and new schools came from own childhood experience, and certain personalities from my youth might resemble some of the girls in the book.


What book/books are sitting on your nightstand right now?
 Ha!  I can't even see my nightstand. Let's see. . .two proof copies of FEARLESS, a paranormal anthology containing a Nora Roberts short story, paperbacks by Mary Balough and Robyn Carr, a huge pile of magazines. . and my ereader, on which I'm reading The Iron Knight.  I love Julie Kagawa's books!

 Are there any rituals that you do or things that you have to have with you when you write? 
 It's horribly cliched, but I must have music. Other than that, I've learned to write anywhere and everywhere. When I began this series, I was relatively new to Florida and, as my youngest daughter so nicely put it, I had no life. I had all the time in the world! By the time I was writing the end of the third book, I had to run away from home to finish it. I went to a timeshare resort for a week without a car, children or husband:  just me, peanut M & M's and Vitamin water. . .and lots of music.  God bless Pandora.
 Who is your biggest inspiration to write? 
 My children.  They were the first people with whom I tentatively shared this story, and they have been my biggest encourager's and helpers. They rock!

Why do you think readers will love your book?
 I think Tasmyn and Michael's love story is sweet and compelling, and the overarching theme of the series--Tas coming to grips with her own uniqueness and accepting her powers, for better or worse--is certainly one that we can all understand.  The books are full of really fascinating people, and that alone makes for good reading!

Thanks Tawdra for stopping by and giving us a peak into your life and your book.  I know that this is definitely on my TBR list.  In fact I have a copy just waiting to be read.  I will be getting to it asap!  Best thing is this book is free for Amazon Prime members on Kindle or $3.99 for the rest of us.





Add it to your Goodreads list.
Fearless

2 comments:

  1. Great interview <3 ! Fabulous book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Fearless at the moment and just happened to find this post through your other post :P

    I really liked reading this interview and I like the book too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.