Saturday, November 6, 2010

Review of "Falling for Romeo"




John can have any girl he wants. Jennifer's never been kissed. Everybody thinks he's perfect. She's got issues with pride and jealousy. They were best friends-once. Now, they're playing Romeo and Juliet. Virgin lips Jennifer must have her first kiss on stage with John, the guy every girl in school wants. The pressure and tension build along with each staged kiss. Both are shocked when feelings bloom. Can either tell which kisses are real and which are for show?

Lately I have noticed reviews and postings of a book called Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens.  I must
admit, I am interested in reading the book and recently contacted the author.  I started looking on some of her web pages and came across the book Falling for Romeo.  I realized that I already owned one of her books and had not picked it up off  of my shelf.  The story was quickly moved to the front of my "to read" list, a list that is over 300 books long. I am glad that I moved it to the front.


Jenn and John are starring opposite each other in a high school production of Romeo and Juliet.  They were best friends growing up, but as many child relationships do, they grew apart as they found their own identities and interests.

Unknown to each other, they both harbor regret and pride.  They have feelings for each other, but each is reluctant to express themselves.  They both fear rejection.

At the time they are in rehearsals and performing, they are studying "Pride and Prejudice" in English class.  The teacher poses questions every day, they need to contemplate these questions and record answers in a journal and then have a class discussion.  Many interesting conversations erupt from this exercise, helping John and Jenn understand their own emotions.  The question dealing with gossip was very interesting.  Throughout the book there are many situations where you can see the negative effect of gossip.


This was a cute and fun read.  This is a book that you read, not to enlighten, but to entertain.  I know I need books like that often.  I gave the book 4 stars.  It is clean Young Adult romance.

1 comment:

  1. Great! I like that it is a clean one. I'm always on the lookout for books that I can suggest to my little sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.