Monday, November 15, 2010

Review : "Awakened" -Book one in the Guardian Legacy by Edna Walters



I entered several contests trying to win this book.  Finally, I gave up and downloaded it onto my kindle for $5.00.

The first thing that you notice about this book is the intriguing cover.  A handsome young man with silver wings and a circle on his chest.  I must admit that it peaked my interest.

Then I found out the book is about Nephilim.  I have had an interest about nephilim for awhile.  I have read a few books, one is "Many Waters" by Madeleine L'Engle, on the subject. I spent a couple of years studying the Old Testament in the Bible, and found them there.  Nephilim to me are one of the unexplained mysteries and I love to read into the insight of others opinions.  Edna also mentions  Neturus (Egyptian), Devas (Buddhism and Hinduism), Titans (Greek Mythology), and Avatars (Hinduism) as associated with Nephilim.  I think I will have some more reading to do! (In case you are wondering, I googled each of the words to find out more.  I wish I had that knowledge at the top of my head, but that's why I have google! ;-) )

Ednah Walter's book is very interesting.  Lil just turned 16 and started to hear voices in her head.  She
assumed that they were ghosts until one begs her to meet him at a tree outside of her trailer.  He is not a ghost, but a handsome young man.  He tells her about a race called the Guardians.  She is a Guardian, and she hears communication through telepathy.

Lil begins training as a guardian.  She has a hard time fitting in with her guardian peers and making friends in the human world.  She and her grandfather moved around quite a bit and just settled into Cache Valley, Utah.  She doesn't feel like she if fully accepted anywhere.

Bran is part guardian and part demon, he also has a hard time finding acceptance.  They meet, they become friends and they are connected.  They accept one another and of course, romance blooms.

There is much more to this book than romance.  This book also is about a war between the guardians and the demons.  I think there is something for everyone in this book.

I gave it four stars and I look forward to reading the rest of the Guardian Legacy.

To celebrate the release of "Awakened" on Kindle.  Edna Walters has posted a giveaway that runs until November 18th.  The offerings are pictured below the link. Click on the link and enter!





http://ednahwalters.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.