Friday, July 20, 2018

"Beyond" by Catina Haverlock & Angela Larkin looks like a Great Summer Read!



Catina worked her way through college as a TV reporter and a dating game show host. She's a sucker for Young Adult romance stories (both real and make-believe). She has a panache for match-making and loves that many of her "set-ups" have resulted in marriages. 

After spending most of her adult life in Las Vegas, Catina traded in tumbleweeds for earthquakes and now lives with her husband and four children near San Diego, California. If she's not home, chances are you can find her at the beach, Disneyland or In-N-Out Burger.

Angela Larkin writes clean teen romance and is a big fan of kissing (in life and in books). She's been a gold miner, a pool cleaner, a mannequin dresser, and a teacher. She's lived a true romance: meeting her husband in a case of mistaken identity. They recently moved with their four children from the sparkling city of Las Vegas to the shade of the North Carolina Pines. Chances are, she's reading past bedtime.






"Dangerous. Wrong.
She could be so close to finding out who I really am, and I don't want to think about how badly that could damage her. If I have any conscience, I'll turn and run. But I can't let her go."

Presley Hale has no idea the guy she just told off in the school parking lot died in a drowning accident four months ago. Why would she? It's not like she knows she can see the dead. Stunned by Presley's sixth sense, Landon Blackwood rethinks his planned departure and begins tracking her to find answers to their mysterious connection.

When their complicated relationship turns dangerous, they learn that tampering with the boundaries of death comes with consequences. Can Landon save Presley from the insidious spirits who have marked her for death, or was their love doomed from the beginning?



The next book in this Series is available this September!





Author Interview:

Catina:
1.     What is your favorite book that is not yours?
a.     Where She Went by Gayle Foreman
2.     Do you write in multiple genres? Which genre is your favorite to write?
a.     Yes, YA Romance and Middle Grade Fiction - I'm having a really good time with my current Middle Grade Work in Progress
3.     How young were you when you started writing?
a.     I wrote  news stories for television and print to pay my way through college, but didn't start writing a novel until I was in my early thirties
4.     If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be and why?
a.     I'd have to meet Laura Ingles Wilder! Can you imagine the stories she'd have to tell?
5.     How long does it take you to write a book, and what was your fastest book to write?
a.     The first novel took way too long, only because I wasn't sure if it would ever become a reality and didn't push myself hard enough. After securing a publishing deal and being offered the sequel, my writing sped up tremendously! The fist one took years, the sequel took months.
6.     What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?

a.     Hands down, spend time with my four kids, preferably reading to them trying new recipes or lounging at the beach!

Angela Larkin

1.     What is your favorite book that is not yours?
a.     I've re-read Dairy Queen by Katherine Gilbert Murdock 4 times! So funny and romantic!
2.     Do you write in multiple genres?
a.     Which genre is your favorite to write? Thus far I've only written contemporary YA romance, but would love to take a stab at New Adult and Historical.
3.     How young were you when you started writing?
a.     My first revenge story was called "How Matt Got Fat". I wrote it about my first grade classmate who snubbed my romantic overtures.
4.     If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be and why?
a.      John Steinbeck was the first author to BLOW ME AWAY.
5.     How long does it take you to write a book, and what was your fastest book to write?
a.     I've only written one book without my co-author and the first draft took four months.
6.     What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?

a.     I love to work on my fear of sharks to the point I can go in the ocean above my knees and actually float! If I can't conquer the fear that day, I love to ride beach cruisers on the boardwalk.





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event Page 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.