Saturday, June 29, 2013

Audible book review ~ "Hounded" by Kevin Hearne

Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)
Hounded by Kevin Hearne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Source: Received from Audible to review
Genre: Adult Action/ Mythology

Book Description:  Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old - when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.

Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power - plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish - to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.

My thoughts: This is the first audio book that I have listened to in full. Usually I loose my interest after 30 minutes of listening. This is a very interesting audio book. The narration is done well.

Atticus is a druid who has lived for more than 2000 years. He has lived in Arizona to escape the notice of ancient Celtic Gods. He is the possession of an ancient sword that one God wants.

The world of the ancient God's is full of subterfuge. Are they helping, or are they serving their own interests? He really does not know who he can trust. He has to wade through the muck that they leave in their wake and fight his way out.

I would only recommend this book to adults do to the profanity (including the 'f' bomb) that is found throughout the book and sexual innuendo.



I was recently contacted by audible and invited to try out their products.  As I stated in my review above, I usually have a hard time listening to review books that are narrated.  I usually prefer to read from a book or my kindle.

I needed to clean  my fridge, I can't read and clean at the same time, so I plugged my headphones into my iPhone and used the Audible app to listen to this book.  I have always wanted to be able to multi-task while reading and this gave me the perfect opportunity to give it a try.

I actually was able to follow along and keep up with the story.  I was surprised, because that has never happened before when I tried an audio book.  It may have something to do with the easy pausing that I had with using it on my phone.  It may be that I was using headphones instead of using a CD player.  Whatever it was, it worked for me and I will try out another book.

If you are interested in trying out Audible, they have a free 30 day trial. http://www.audible.com/t1/30DayGoldFT_at.  I also found that you can get Audible Books at Amazon.  While using their app, I liked it to my Amazon account, it was easier than putting in my information at another vending location.

I received the book above for reviewing purposes.  My experience using Audible and my thoughts of the book are my honest opinion and thoughts.  I did not receive money compensation, but I did receive a free copy of the book to review.

 If you are interested in listening to this book, you can try it out with the free trial at the link above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.