Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review ~ "The Broken Path" by Cami Checketts

The Broken PathThe Broken Path by Cami Checketts
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars
Source: Received electronic copy from Cami for review
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:  Involved in a debilitating accident at age six, Ethan Searle believes women eye him with a mixture of pity and disdain. He's tried love before. He won't again. Autumn Reader escaped her abusive marriage with her daughter, a stack of debt, and fear. Autumn's precocious two-year old becomes enraptured by Ethan. Autumn is on the path to following her daughter's example when her ex-husband reappears.

My thoughts:  This book caught me at the beginning. Two broken souls come together and make a better life. She came from an abusive marriage. He suffered a crippling accident as a child. Both carry baggage that make it hard to understand each other and find happiness.

The daughter in this book, Brittan, is very cute. I loved reading about her and the insight that a two year old can bring to the adults. She knew what was going on long before her mom did.

I read this book in one night. It's clean, interesting, and I couldn't sleep until I was finished.



1 comment:

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.