Sunday, November 7, 2010

Review of "Nighlight" by the Harvard Lampoon

I tried to talk myself out of writing this review.   I really like the saying from "Bambi", "if you don't have nuttin nice to say, don't say nuttin at all." This book is a parody of  "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer.  I will admit to liking "Twilight".  I have read all of the books and even watched all of the movies that are out.

"Nighlight" is stupid.  I didn't find it very funny, just stupid.

Belle is a controlling, vain, out of control young woman.  She believes that every man that she meets is in love with her.  She meets Edwart at school and decides that he is a vampire, so she tries to mold him into the character of a vampire.  After all, he did save her from a snowball.

Edwart suffers from anxiety attacks and to put it bluntly, he is a major wimp.  He thinks that Belle is role playing all of the vampire stuff and plays along.

There is a vampire in this story, I won't tell you who he is in case you decide to read the book.  He is over the top as a vampire.  The vampire prom is "stupid".  I think stupid is my favorite word of the day.

I gave this two stars.  If you want to read this book, I hope you like it better than I did.

3 comments:

  1. oh no, I have this one on my shelf but haven't read it yet. i was hoping it would be more of an intelligent parody. oh well, thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You convinced me. I'll steer clear of this one :-)

    thanks for visiting BTW.

    I like your blog and, more than that, your honesty.

    I'm following ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair, my 13 year old daughter liked this one better than I did. I think the biggest problem with this book is that they tried to hard. They swung the pendulum totally in the other direction though. The book was forced. I have read reviews of others who have given this book four stars. You can take my opinion, or try it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.