Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Review of "The Adventures of Isaiah James: Beach Boy"

The Adventures of Isaiah James : Beach Boy by Sabrina K. Carpenter

I am excited to review "The Adventures of Isaiah James : Beach Boy".  I received a copy of this book from the author through Bostick Communications.

Isaiah is a boy who loves to go on adventures with his parents.  Today, he is going to the beach.  He begins to think of the fun things he can do.  The first on his list is to build a sand castle.  It is in building the sand castle that his adventures begin.  He uses is imagination to have adventures.

I liked this children's picture book.  Our children today are too plugged in and do not use their imaginations. Another thing that impressed me is the use of colored pencils in the illustrations.  The illustrator is Doreen Freeman, she does a fantastic job of bringing to life Isaiah and his adventures.  One thing that it made me think of is this is the kind of artistic medium that children use.  I believe that this helps the child relate to the story a bit better.

I read this story to my son last night.  He told me it was "good".  I couldn't pin him down to anything other than "good."  He did pay attention to the story.  Often he closes his eyes, and just listens.  His eyes were open, this is another plus for the book.

I am giving it four stars.  I recommed it to all parents with small children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.