Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cookbook Review ~ "Sweets & Treats with Six Sisters's Stuff"

Sweets & Treats with Six Sisters' Stuff: 100+ Desserts, Gift Ideas, and Traditions for the Whole Family by Six Sisters' Stuff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: Received from Publisher to Review
Genre: Cookbook

Book Description:  Six Sisters' Stuff is one of the most widely followed cooking and lifestyle blogs with 6.7 million page views per month and their most popular features are their fantastic dessert recipes. Whether quick-and-easy, imaginative show-stoppers, special occasion, holiday-themed or adorably cute and kid-friendly, this new Six Sisters' Stuff cookbook features 110 scrumptious homemade dessert recipes, covering every sweet tooth craving. Step-by-step instructions make it easy to create delicious and imaginative confections using pantry staples including: Mississippi Mud Brownies, Homemade Twix Bars, Nutella Cheesecake, Key Lime Cupcakes, Samoas Popcorn and includes a chapter on super-fast no-bake treats like Mini Peanut Butter Cup Trifles.  Sweets & Treats with Six Sisters' Stuff  also features imaginative ways to share and showcase your homemade confections including: Ways to Package Treats, Dessert Traditions, Desserts Kids Can Make, and Companion Dessert Craft Projects. 



My thoughts: I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book because of the picture on the bottom right of the cover, Chocolate Raspberry Eclair Cake! I have not tried it yet because I am afraid of what will happen if I do. It looks amazing and the recipe looks easy to follow.


My attempt at the Vanilla Sugar
Cookies.  Not as pretty, but tasty.
I have made the Nutella Brownies, Vanilla Sugar Cookies, and Mint Oreo Brownies. All three were easy to make and tasty. I couldn't get my topping to look as fluffy on the Mint Oreo Brownies as it looks in the picture, but it was delicious.

I work as a lunch lady and so I had a couple of my co-workers try out a recipe or two. One made the Rocky Road Popcorn and brought it in to share. It was addicting. I am not a big fan of marshmallows, but I really liked the whole package together. Another made the Brown Sugar Bars. She said that it was an easy recipe to do, but it was a little too sweet for her taste. Her son loved it though.

The pictures in the book are beautiful. The recipes are easy to follow and for the times when my sweet tooth needs a little attention, this is a great recipe book to go to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.