Sunday, November 24, 2013

Book Review ~ "Quest for Merlin's Map" by W.C. Peever

Quest for Merlin's Map (Jumper Chronicles, #1)Quest for Merlin's Map by W.C. Peever
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: Purchased by me
Genre: Middle Grade Mythology

 Book Description: Charlie is an awkward twelve-year old living a normal life till he is abducted and thrust into a world of ever-looming danger, a world of Magic, of Angry Gods, and Creatures that are should only exist inside of fairytales. 

Charlie and his three friends must unravel the mysteries of their new found abilities, save the father Charlie has never known, and uncover a secret that will change their lives forever.


My thoughts: I really liked how the author was able to combine Norse mythology and the legend of King Author into this book. I found his reasoning fascinating and it made for a very good story.

Charlie Burrow's is twelve and his world is changed when he finds out that he holds ancient mythical powers handed down from the Norse God's. He is part of an order that protects the world and keeps the "bad" God's from taking over.

He is a descendant of Merlin, and as such, is sought after for his abilities that are passed down from generation to generation. He has trustworthy friends who help him on his quest to restore order.

This book was fun to read. Like I stated above, the author was able to create a reality that made sense and combined to loved themes. This book will be liked by those who love the stories of Author and Merlin, and also by those who love mythology.

I purchased this book a couple of years ago and I am glad that I finally had the opportunity to read it. Once again, I have to question why I waited so long?



This is my November book for
the Just For Fun Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.