Friday, September 23, 2011

Review of "Mistakes"

Mistakes (Mistakes #1)Mistakes by A.M. Hayward &  
Source: LibraryThing Early Reviewers
Content: Not clean!

Description from Goodreads: Mistakes... Everyone makes them. We are only human. Some of our mistakes are small... like the times you stay up till 2 am studying for a test that you end up failing because you are too tired to think. Others are so catastrophic that they change your life.... forever.... Maddison regrets not listening to her parents, not being a 'good girl' and not staying at home like she was supposed to instead of sneaking off with her friends for a Spring Break getaway. How she wishes she could turn back time; then maybe she wouldn't be in the nightmare she is in now. Kidnapped and taken to a different country unaware of where she is or what these men want with her. Maddy's parents can't help her, in fact they aren't even aware she is in Mexico. Who can save her? Or can she save herself?



My thoughts: I don't feel like I can rate this book. The story fascinated me and I had to find out what happened to Maddie, she was kidnapped while on Spring Break with her friends. The abuse that she undergoes is horrific. She lives through mental, physical, and sexual abuse. The language used was hard for me to read. The book is full of profanity and degradation. I must admit that there were a few times that I almost abandoned this book.  This is not the kind of book that I prefer to read.  But like I said before, I had to know what happened to Maddie.

This is a book that is not to be read lightly. It is well written. The writing borders on brilliant, the subject matter stinks.  If you want to scare your teen into being honest and not going on spring break, you may want to let them read it.  You might want to read it first though, because you may change your mind.

This book does not have a happy ending.  The second book "Trapped" is due to be released early 2012.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.