Friday, August 19, 2011

REVIEW of " Count Down to Love"

Count Down to LoveCount Down to Love by Julie N. Ford

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Genre: Adult romance
Source:  Received ecopy from the Publisher using NetGalley

Description from Goodreads: Abandoned at the altar, Kelly Grace Pickens finds herself left holding not only the bouquet but also the exorbitant bill for an A-list wedding. Homeless, a once promising singing career floundering, and her life bearing an uncanny resemblance to one of her country music ballads, she reluctantly accepts a last minute offer to appear on a reality TV show akin to the bachelor. Pitted against silicon-enhanced supermodels in four-inch heals, Kelly feels confident that she will be among the first would-be fiancés to be excused. Only, when the mysterious bachelor from New York City, Dillon Black, invites her to stay, Kelly finds herself thrust into the vortex of a game she doesn’t have the first idea how to play. Nursing her hopelessly broken heart while avoiding the foils of her fellow contestants, Kelly is oblivious to Dillon’s affections as she wades through hurt and betrayal to discover, in the end, that she has landed firmly on both feet. 

Leaving behind Nashville’s Music Row for the majestic Grand Teton mountains, Count Down To Love takes readers on a journey from duplicity to sincerity as Kelly discovers that being true to oneself is the first step in finding happiness and everlasting love. 



My thougths: I think this will become my go-to book whenever my friends ask for a good romance book to read. I may have to purchase it first, so I can loan it to them. (My rational thinking about a good excuse to purchase my own copy!)  I started this book this morning and finished it at about 9 PM. I couldn't pull myself away from it.

My favorite part were the scenes between Dillon and Kelly during the making of the "reality" show. They were a hoot to read. I loved their interaction and that they had so much in common. The flirtation left me wanting more and the kissing scenes weren't so bad either.

Kelly however was having trust issues because at the beginning of the book she was left waiting at the alter for a groom who was a no show. I couldn't imagine the trust issues in falling in love with someone knowing he was dating and kissing other girls.

Anyway..... this is a clean and fun romance book. I give it my highest recommendation. I only give five stars to books that grab my attention so much that I literally do not care about a dirty house, kids running loose in the neighborhood, etc. I just need to read and find out what happens next.



1 comment:

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.