Thursday, June 23, 2011

Great Romance book ~ REVIEW of "Called Home: Two Hearts Answer"

Called Home: Two Hearts AnswerCalled Home: Two Hearts Answer by Gloria Schumann

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Recommendation: Adult

Description from Goodreads:
Emma Benson's view of life was crafted by the death of her brother as a child, abandonment by her father and later, the man she trusted she would marry, until David Schlosser-back in town after years in New York writing best-selling novels-threatens her neatly tended life. Romance blooms. Emma and David eventually persevere in the face of tragedy, refusing to leave their dreams behind.

My thougths:
Gloria contacted me and asked me to read and review her book and I am glad that she did. I was not previously aware of this good book. I'm glad that it was pulled into my radar.

Emma has come home to her small town to help her mother who has a farm that is failing financially. She is stressed out and dealing with quite a bit of heartache and abandonment issues. The last thing that she wants is to become involved in a romantic relationship.  She has to learn how to trust.

David has a successful career as a novelist. He realizes that success and the big city are not the life that he wishes to lead and finds himself back home in the same small town as Emma. He wants to settle down and live a quite life.

It literally takes a tornado to bring them together. Once their paths have crossed the sparks begin to fly. The tornado is really a foreshadowing of the relationship that comes: intense, a whirlwind, and at times volatile. The kissing scenes are pretty intense, but kissing is as far as Gloria takes us. This is a clean read that I would recommend to anyone who likes a good romance with a bit of a thriller and mystery element.

My only issue is that sometimes it became a little confusing with who is speaking. Once you catch Gloria's rhythm in writing it is easier to follow along.

I look forward to reading more from Gloria.  I became a fan on GoodReads.  Thanks Gloria for sending me a digital version of the book.  Click on her name next to the title to be taken to  her GoodReads page.



~Lisa~

2 comments:

  1. I read and reviewed this book too. It's always nice to see other people's opinions.

    http:/cleanromancereviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review - I stopped by from the blog hop.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.