Sunday, May 1, 2011

REVIEW - Relic Master: Dark City

The Dark City (Relic Master, #1)The Dark City by Catherine Fisher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Description from Goodreads: Welcome to Anara, a world mysteriously crumbling to devastation, where nothing is what it seems: Ancient relics emit technologically advanced powers, members of the old Order are hunted by the governing Watch yet revered by the people, and the great energy that connects all seems to also be destroying all. The only hope for the world lies in Galen, a man of the old Order and a Keeper of relics, and his sixteen-year-old apprentice, Raffi. They know of a secret relic with great power that has been hidden for centuries. As they search for it, they will be tested beyond their limits. For there are monstersÑsome human, some notÑthat also want the relic's power and will stop at nothing to get it


My thoughts:
This book is great for all age groups. It has adventure, danger, and magic.

Galen is a relic master. He takes care of the left over "magical" technology that was left behind when "the masters" left his planet. He communes with the planet and is able to handle the mystical objects. He has an apprentice named Raffi, who is using the magic of communicating with the world in his master's place.

They begin an adventure that will lead them to old relics, enemies in disguise, and new friends.

This is the first of four books that is expected to be published in consecutive months.   The publication date for this book is May 12, 2011.  It appears to me that this series was published previously, but with the success of Incarceron is being re-published.  I am glad that it is coming out... again.  I was previously unaware of it's existence and I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to discover this series.

I feel confident  and comfortable in sharing this book with my kids.

I received my copy from the Library Thing Early Reviewers program. Well worth the read, I plan on continuing with this series,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.