Sunday, March 6, 2011

I don't like "The Haunted E-Book"

The Haunted E-bookThe Haunted E-book by J.L. Bryan

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Dee escapes her dreary librarian job and unfaithful boyfriend by reading romance and fantasy on her Kindle.

She tries The Haunted E-book, the story of a 19th century tramp printer whose ghost awakens whenever someone reads a book he created. The ghost stalks his readers and threatens them with death if they stop reading the book. Though she doesn’t usually like ghost stories, Dee can’t stop herself from reading it.

Then Dee learns the stories in the books are true, the malevolent ghost is real, and Dee might be the next character to die.

Description from GoodReads.

This book was too gory for me. This is a bad rendition of a horror story. This book is a story within a story within a story.  Dee is reading a cheesy romance novel on her kindle when she switches to a horror story instead.   There isn't an author or ISBN number listed.  It is just there with it's glowing blue cover.   She begins to read of women who are brutally murdered by a man who has letters on his teeth. They are killed because they stopped reading "The Haunted E-Book".  If I suddenly stop blogging, then you will know what happened to me.  I have to remind myself that if I don't like a book that it's OK to walk away, delete, throw away, etc.

I only made it to page 78 of 245 on my iPhone before I couldn't stomach this book a moment longer.  If this is your type of book, then please read it. I'm sure the author would appreciate good reviews from his target audience.  This is definitely not a book for me. I tried reading it while eating lunch, not a good idea.

It has graphic violence, language, and sex.

I received this book from a member giveaway on LibraryThing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.