I have decided that for 2011, I will read 50 of the books that have been sitting on my "to read" shelf for too long, some for three years or more.
I read at least two books a week, so it should be no problem, right? I will remind myself of that when the end of 2011 comes, and see how many I may try to cram in at the last minute. My problem when it comes to reading is , my intentions are good, but I am easily distracted. There are so many books that I find and want to read, and some great books are moved farther on the back burner.
I am going to keep a list in my sidebar for the year, as I read them I will cross them off, that way there will always be a reminder for me when I get on my blog. It won't become buried under all of my posts and forgotten.
So, here is my list. On the top of the list, books that have been on my "to read" for the greatest length of time. On the bottom of the list, books that have been on for the least amount of time.
2. "Massacre at Mountain Meadows" by Ronald Walker
3. "The Price We Paid: The Extraordinary Story of the Willie and Martin Handcart Pioneers" by Andrew Olsen
5."Water Keep" (Farworld book 1) by Scott Savage
6. " The Journal of Curious Letters" (The 13th Reality #1) by James Dashner
7. "The Memory Keepers Daughter" by Kim Edwards
10. "Mistborn: The Final Empire" (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson
11."The Well of Ascension" (Mistoborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson
12. "The Hero of the Ages (Mistborn #3) by Brandon Sanderson
13. "The Actor and the Housewife" by Shannon Hale
14. "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow" by Jessica Day George
15. "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
16. "The Lost Symbol" (Robert Langdon #3) by Dan Brown
17. "Coraline" by Neil Gaiman
19. "Shiver"(The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
20."The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate" by Gary Chapman
22. "The Undaunted" by Gerald Lund
23. "Jane Bites Back" by Thomas Michael
24. "Witch and Wizard" by James Patterson
25. "Storm Glass" by Maria V. Snyder
26. "Sea Glass" by Maria V. Snyder
27." The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho
28. "Milkweed" by Jerry Spinelli
29. "Lady of Milkweed Manor" by Julie Klassen
30. "7 Miracles that Saved America" by Chris Stewart
31. "Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick
32. "Beastly" by Alex Flinn
34. "Just one Wish" by Janette Rallison
35. "My Fair Godmother" by Janette Rallison
36. "Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side" by Beth Fantaskey
37. "Graceling" by Kristen Cashore
38. "The Physic Book of Deliverance Dane" by Katherine Howe
39."The Cinderella Society" by Kay Cassidy
40. "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger
41. " Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia
42. "The Storyteller's Daughter" by Cameron Dokey
44. "The Red Pyramid" (Kane Chronicles #1) by Rick Riordan
45. "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood
46. "The Eternal Ones" by Kristen Miller
47. "The Last Waltz" by G G Vandagriff
48. "The Smile" by Donna Jo Napoli
OK, they are listed. I will stick to the list. I am looking at all of the other books on my "to read" list and I am thinking that I would really like to add them, but they haven't been on as long. My goal is to read these great books and get them off of my list.
Feel free to join me, make a list of books that you will read for 2011. Cross them off as you go. See if you can finish your list before I finish mine. Make a list of 10 or however many you feel is "do"able for you.
I am adding a Mr Linky. That way anyone who wants to participate can, and see what everyone else is doing.
**Sorry, I didn't pay to continue the Linky service, therefore the linky has been removed. If you join, please leave a comment with the link to your list (if you are a blogger) or indication you are participating if you are not a blogger. You could list your books in the comments to keep track of them. =) **