Monday, April 11, 2016

Book Review ~ "Stone Alliance" by Emily H Bates

Stone Alliance (Demon's Heart #2)Stone Alliance by Emily H. Bates
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Source: Received eBook from Author to Review
Genre: YA Fantasy

Book Description:  Haunted by his transformation, Rustav returns home to a war-torn land. More attacks from the island demons ravage the peninsula each day, and a centuries-old grudge threatens to tear down the last wall standing between Rustav’s people and swift destruction.

Determined to save his people and terrified that he might destroy them, Rustav must rebuild long-lost trust between three estranged cultures while concealing the secret that could crush the last hope of salvation for his people.
 




My thoughts: This book begins after Demon's Heart. Rustav is the hidden heir to the kingdom. His family was killed when he was a child and he grew up with abuse and poverty. Through his trials he is a man of honor and integrity who wants to do the right thing for his people.

I wish that I would have re-read Demon's Heart before I started this one. I had forgotten most of the story. I don't feel that I was completely up to speed before finishing this book. I appreciated this story for it's merits, a refresher would have been helpful.

This book is full of action. Rustav is able to join forces with fantasy creatures that had been considered legend. He has away of pulling others together and helping them find their way to cooperation and acceptance. I really liked that he sees merits in those around him. '

The book has war violence, betrayal, and romance.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.