Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Book Spotlight ~ "He Delivered Even Me , He Will Deliver Even You" by Misti Stevenson


Even Me Even You: When I was in the midst of my 23-year trial with OCD, anxiety, and depression, I had little hope to ever be fully healed. I knew of no one who had been. Now that I have been led through my Gethsemane and, with the help of the Savior, am finally healed, I can't keep quiet about it. I was an avid journal writer from a young age, so this book takes those who want to know how to literally be healed of mental and emotional illness on a live-time, emotion-filled journey. Most books on this subject only tell how to deal or cope with mental illness. My experience brings a new idea that mental illness is curable in this life-I am the proof of this happy idea! What I would've given to know of one person who had been healed when I was in the midst of my pain. I wrote my story to inspire others suffering similar challenges-to give them the hope and perspective I wish I had had in the midst of my struggles.

Why I am interested in this book:  I have sufferred for many years from depression.  It can be a struggle at times.  It is an illness that many people want to sweep under the rug and pretend that it isn't a real issue.  This looks like a positive book that may provide help to someone struggling.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.