Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Book Review ~ "The Passionate One: A Billionaire Bride Pact Romance" by Jeanette Lewis

The Passionate One: A Billionaire Bride Pact Romance by Jeanette Lewis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: Received to Review
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:  A new, clean romance from Amazon best-selling author Jeanette Lewis. 

As the creator of the Billionaire Bride Pact, Erin Parker is determined to see it through. And now that wealthy, gorgeous Brennan Avery has been cast as her costar in a play destined for Broadway, things couldn’t be better. But Erin’s best friend, Matt Walters, isn’t ready to give up on her. He has a plan to escape the friend zone and prove to Erin that there are more important things than money and fame. 


My thoughts: I have mixed feelings about the story. It is a fun and well written story, but I have a love/hate relationship with the main character, Erin. She is so obliviously inconsiderate to her best friend, Matt. Most of the time I wasn't quite sure how to take her.

As a teen, Erin, and her friends at camp made a pact that they would marry a billionaire. I remember making silly dreams as a child and it is normal behavior. It becomes not normal when you carry that beyond childhood and have it become a relationship compass in adulthood. The love/hate comes in because she doesn't realize how ridiculous she is.

Matt is an amazing man who has an infinite amount of patience. I honestly didn't understand why he put up with her as long as he did. I guess love is supposed to be "long-suffering"?

I enjoyed learning a little bit about shaping glass. It is a fascinating process. This book has many great things to offer. The pacing was great and the characters had definition. I enjoyed my time in the book, even though Erin really needed a good talking to.





A spotlight post appeared here yesterday.
enter the $25 gift-card giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.