I overdid it on reading challenges this year. I will admit that I haven't come close to completing most of them. I did however complete my goal of reading 150 books this year.
I received an invitation from Evie at Bookish to participate in the challenge that they have going on for 2012. I think that if I can focus on only one book per month, I should be able to get it done.
Here are the guidelines:
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it'sunique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
I came up with a list of books that I have purchased and want to read. I even took a picture! You can see my cockatiel Qwincy in the background.
Eden by Keary Taylor
Trapped by Michael Northrop
Haven by Kristi Cook
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Minor Adjustments by Rachael Renee Anderson
Illuminations of the Heart by Joyce DiPastena
The Night of the Solstice by L.J. Smith
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
The Dark Elite by Chloe Neill
Dark Mirror by M.J. Putney
Divergent by Veronica Roth
If you are interested in joining the challenge. Stop by Evie's blog and sign up. You can sign up until December 15th.