Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Last Descent DVD - Finding Hope in the Dark


The details of the passing of John Jones in Nutty Putty Cave have been well documented, but his story did not end there. Witness the power of love, family, and the Plan of Salvation in this critically acclaimed film that shows that family bonds extend beyond this life.





My Thoughts:  When I received a request to view this film for review, I was very hesitant.  I am not good with tragedies.  I knew how this one was going to end.  I took my time responding to the request and missed the tour.  The wonderful publicist (Thanks Michelle) sent me a copy to review even though I missed the tour.

The DVD begins with the birth of a baby boy and then takes the viewer to meeting John, his wife, his daughter, and his brother, Josh.  The movie starts out with the brothers going to Nutty Putty Cave to explore.  I honestly paced around as he went off on his own.  It took a bit for me to settle myself down to listen as John tells of his life and his family.  While the subject matter is hard, the film was done well.

While the movie is full of heartbreak, there is peace and hope.  I enjoyed watching how Search and Rescue keeps hope up in terrible situations.  The fact is that this tragedy affected many wonderful people.  I also enjoyed the flashbacks as he talked about meeting his wife and other key life events.

When all seems lost, there is hope.  That is the message of the movie.  There is peace and hope. 

Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Purchase Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.