Thursday, June 26, 2014

Promotional Post ~ "Summer Fit Learning"


I have used work books for years to help my kids keep their minds active from one grade to the next. Usually I would just pick one up at venues when I attended a PTA convention.  My kids have gotten a little too old for that now, but I really believe in the concept.

The thing that is different about this program is that they do not just focus  only on academics,they also have tow other focuses: values, and staying active.

I love summer, I love that we can take a break from everyday activities. I love the time that I have to be home with my children.  The thing that I hate is the lack of structure!  Whether kids want to admit to it, they thrive with structure.  I don't get as anxious when there is structure in place!

Here are the covers of a few of the workbooks.  The books cover from Pre-K to 8th Grade.






On the webpage, I clicked on the link to Parent Power and found this :

Core Value Tips

  • 1Volunteer together. Sign up the entire family for a charitable 5k fun run, start a canned food drive in your neighborhood, or take a sunny afternoon to tidy up an elderly neighbor’s yard.
  • 2Pass the broom! By assigning your child household chores, you teach responsibility, work ethic, and gratitude.
  • 3Reward good behavior. Acknowledge and praise your child each time he or she demonstrates the core value of the week. At the end of the week, give him or her a small treat or extra privilege to celebrate their good behavior.
I use a value-based approach to coach 10-12 year old girls track and field. Regardless of age or sport, children need to learn the importance of having courage and determination, but also to be kind and generous. Whether you are coaching or teaching, it is increasingly important to help develop children socially. Summer Fit is a great resource that incorporates values with learning and exercise. This will positively impact the overall development of a child.”
Catherine Raney-Norman
USA Speed Skater
US All-Around Champion 1999, 2002, 2003


Visit the webpage and check out all the features available.




Can I just say that I love the Golden Rule and wish I could get my kids to realize how important it is?

Here are the links to Amazon for each of the workbooks.  The price range is between $10-$12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.