Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Kris Kringle's Magic by Diane Stringham Tolley ~ Review

Kris Kringle's MagicKris Kringle's Magic by Diane Stringam Tolley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: I purchase a copy.
Genre: Christmas fiction

Book Description:  In a world where elves are only slaves, one boy is determined to make things right. With the elves' help, Kris decides to begin with the children. But can a pile of gifts on Christmas Eve really change anything? This enchanting story is sure to captivate kids of all ages. An instant holiday classic you'll want to read again and again!

My thoughts:  If you are looking for a Christmas story that stays true to the spirit of Christmas and unique, this may be a book you would want to read.

The book begins as Mrs. Clause is reminiscing of her meeting Kris and their courtship. It is from her perspective that we catch a glace at the compassion and love that he has for his fellow beings.

In the world that Diane Stringham Tolley created, Elves are a subservient species. The humans treat and use them as slaves. They are considered inferior and as such lacking the feelings that humans have. Kris knows this to be incorrect and wherever he goes he tries to educate the human population on the wonderful people that the Elves are.

I couldn't help but cheer Kris on in his efforts and come to love and appreciate the Elven community. This story resonates because we have seen this pattern in human history far too many times.

Throughout their mistreatment, the Elves remained a kind and compassionate people. They remained happy and true to themselves and community.

This book is a quick read. It is only 168 pages. I cuddled up after opening presents this morning in a warm blanket and read the book. I am very glad that I did.

I read this book as my December selection for the Just For Fun Reading Challenge 2012..

I didn't make it reading one book a month just for fun.  I missed August, September, and October.  I signed up for the 2013 challenge and I hope next year to complete my goal (or get a little closer to it).




 It's $5.99 on amazon kindle.

1 comment:

  1. I was quite taken with Kris Kringle's Magic as well. For the new year, I think a good resolution would be to read more books for fun. Just the sheer enjoyment of being swallowed up by a story sounds like sheer bliss to me.

    Merry Christmas Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.