Sunday, November 18, 2012

Review "Witch Born" by Amber Argyle

Witch Born (Witch Song, #2)Witch Born by Amber Argyle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Source: ARC for review
Genre: YA fantasy

Book Description: Brusenna thought it was finished. 

She defeated the Dark Witch, saving the Haven Witches from imprisonment and death. She found love and a place to belong. 

She was wrong. 

Haven is not the sanctuary it appears to be. Even love is in danger of slipping away like water through cupped hands. 

Some things can't be saved. 

A new threat merges with the old as the Witches’ dark history begins to catch up with them. Only Brusenna knows the extent of the danger and how to stop it, though doing so might cost her everything.

Including her life. 

Will Brusenna be required to make the ultimate sacrifice?


My thoughts: It ended? Really?  Couldn't there be more?  Shoot!  I wasn't ready for it to end! (Insert weeping and wailing sounds here)

I loved the Witch Song books. I feel very fortunate to have been able to read them and I highly recommend them to others to read!

Senna finds herself in the middle of a witch war. She only wanted to help heal the land of Tarten, but the creators had much planned for her. She passes through many trials to find her place in the world.

I couldn't help but like Senna. She has the best intentions, even though things don't always turn out well for her. Her journey is not just physical, but emotional as well. She must learn to see the truth in the midst of lies.

This is definitely one of the best books I have read this year.  There is some violence but I found it to be a clean read.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.