Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Q&A with Amber Argyle ~ Author of "Witch Born"

"Witch Born" is a book that I have looked forward to with great anticipation.  I read an ARC of the first book, "Witch Song" and LOVED it!  The book has good witches who sing to the elements of the Earth and help them thrive.

I was very excited to win an ARC of "Witch Born" from Amber's blog.  I came pretty close to jumping for joy when it came in the mail.  I have started the book and not finished it yet.  I will be posting another Witch Born adoration post when I finish it. :)  If you can't tell, I'm completely enjoying it.  I told Amber that I would have it reviewed today, well, I didn't make it.  I plead two kids playing football and the other two reffing soccer.

Amber was kind enough to answer some questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What inspired you to write the Witch song series?

I wanted to take something that was often portrayed as dark and evil and turn it into something beautiful. So I twisted ugly chanting witches them into beautiful singers. 

 What is one book everyone should read?

That's hard because there's so many different tastes out there. YA for girls though, I loved The Hollow Kingdom by Clare B Dunkle. 


Describe your book in five words or less.

Five?! Are you insane! *steels myself*  Brusenna must save the Witches. Again.
Okay, so maybe that's six. Deal. ;)

 Did you model any of your characters after anyone in particular?

I wanted a main character that young girls who struggled with being shy and having low self esteem could relate to. Someone they could watch grow into a strong person. 

Who are some of your favorite authors?

Shannon Hale, David Farland, Julie Kagawa, Sophie Jordan's YA, Cinda Williams Chima, Lauren Oliver. You can check out my goodreads page for more. http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2254455-amber-argyle?format=html&shelf=read

 What book/books is sitting on your nightstand right now?

Texas Gothic. I'm almost done and I've loved it. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks Amber!  Some of the answers brought a huge smile to my face.  I must say that I agree completely with the Hollow Kingdom Series.  I own and have read all three books. :)

"Witch Born" is currently part of a giveaway at Goodreads.  Click on the button below and you will be taken to the books Goodreads page where you can enter.




Find Amber at ~  Facebook / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.