Thursday, May 10, 2012

Check out "Taste" by Kate Evangelista

TasteTaste by Kate Evangelista

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: Received an electronic copy from Kate to review
Genre: Paranormal YA

Book Description from Goodreads: At Barinkoff Academy, there's only one rule: no students on campus after curfew. Phoenix McKay soon finds out why when she is left behind at sunset. A group calling themselves night students threaten to taste her flesh until she is saved by a mysterious, alluring boy. With his pale skin, dark eyes, and mesmerizing voice, Demitri is both irresistible and impenetrable. He warns her to stay away from his dangerous world of flesh eaters. Unfortunately, the gorgeous and playful Luka has other plans.

When Phoenix is caught between her physical and her emotional attraction, she becomes the keeper of a deadly secret that will rock the foundations of an ancient civilization living beneath Barinkoff Academy. Phoenix doesn’t realize until it is too late that the closer she gets to both Demitri and Luka the more she is plunging them all into a centuries old feud.  


My thoughts: I highly anticipated the release of "Taste". I avidly followed Kate's release of chapters on "The Coffee Bar". I was pretty sure that I knew what road the book would follow based on a few sneak peak chapters. I shouldn't make assumptions.

I am happy to say that Kate took my completely by surprise by the road she did follow. I really don't want to say too much about what I thought would happen and what ultimately is the plot in the book. I want you to be surprised.

There are two very attractive and basically good guys who both fall for the main female character, Phoenix. Phoenix is a complex character who has many issues. She doesn't conform well to expectations. She breaks the one rule of Barinkoff Academy. She stayed past curfew. She faces expulsion, but instead comes across the night students who want to 'taste' her.

This is the beginning of a very interesting story. I am very honored to have been able to receive a copy from Kate to review. I know that I will definitely be reading the books that she produces in the future.

I didn't come across any content that I felt would be a concern for teen readers. There is some great kissing scenes though. :)
The kindle edition is $7.99!


I posted and excerpt from "Taste" last month.  You can read it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.