Monday, August 20, 2012

Review ~ "Beautiful in My Eyes" by Jewel Adams/J. Adams

Beautiful In My EyesBeautiful In My Eyes by Jewel Adams/J. Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: Received from Jewel Adams to review
Genre: Contemporary Romance / Novella

Book DescriptionGiselle Mackenzie has a great life. She is the mother of an adorable little boy, the wife of a painfully-handsome Scotsman, and the daughter of one of the best men she has ever known. She is selfless and a comfort to everyone around her.

But Giselle is about to face a personal trial that will shake the self-confidence she has always owned and cause her to question her worth.


Julian Mackenzie loves his wife more than life itself. When an emotionally painful ordeal rocks her world, Julian is determined to be the the knight she needs and prove to Giselle her value is beyond any price.


My thoughts: Giselle and Julian are a wonderful couple. They are in a very loving and committed marriage. Their devotion to each other is something that I think everyone wants in a relationship.

Giselle is struggling with a secret. She is afraid that her husband will view her differently if he discovers that she has been loosing her hair. I can relate in some level, even though I have not lost my hair, I think it is in every woman to feel insecure as our looks change.

It was great to get to know more about this condition, it's called Alopecia. I never knew it had a name, even though I know women who live with it everyday. It's not something that is discussed much, but really should.

I love the love story and that love is more than appearances. Love is a whole package, at least real love is.

This book touches a little on a few other sensitive subjects. The first is racial intolerance and the second is forgiveness. Jewel Adams does a wonderful job in writing a clear and moving story. This is a novella in length, but cover quite a bit in a short amount of time.

I haven't read anything by her before, but will have to check out more of her work. This book is a clean adult romance book. The main action happens behind closed doors.

This book is only $2.99 at Amazon kindle!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.