Wednesday, December 17, 2014

LDS Resource Review ~ "I Know My Savior Lives" by Kimiko Christensen Hammari








I Know My Savior Lives: A Year of Family Home Evening Lessons to Bring Your Children Closer to Christ by Kimiko Hammari
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: received from publisher to review
Genre: LDS Resource

Book description: Make Mondays the best night of the week! With a full year of easy family nights that correlate directly with the 2015 Primary theme, this book is the perfect solution for busy families everywhere. For each week you’ll find a complete lesson written for you, plus songs, scriptures, ideas for treats, and activity options for younger and older children.

My thoughts: This book is a great resource for families to use during Family Home Evening. This book corresponds with the Primary Theme for 2015.

I have a copy of the Sharing Time Outline and I went through and compared the monthly themes as well as the weekly. I found this book to be a great compliment to the Primary Theme.

I compared the lessons in "I Know My Savior Lives" to the sharing time presentations. The material is different. It can be used as a supplement. It would be great for families to use each week to talk about the things that children are learning during Primary Sharing Time on Sunday.

There are different levels of presentation. The lessons themselves are short and sweet, but the activities have options for younger children and older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.