Friday, February 4, 2011

REVIEW: Safari through the Land of Landu

Safari Through the Land of LanduSafari Through the Land of Landu by Angela Karanja

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


An adventure through the land of Safari that spotlights what each of the animals are good at. At the end of each page when a new character is introduced the friends all give him/her a cheer.

This is an upbeat children's book that illustrate good qualities in yourself and others. I think that this book would do better with a very young audience.  My seven year old son was not very interested.  But, I did keep repeating the phrase " 'I am Great!  I can do anything!' Turn around, stamp the ground.  Say 'I am great, I can do anything.'" over and over to my son who struggles with self esteem.  (He is 11 years old.)



The names are hard to pronounce at times. But on the back cover Angela Karnaja has meanings of some of the words in Swahili. That may be why they are hard for me to pronounce and figure out.



I received this book to review from the author through Bostic Communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.