Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Amanda Helps Becky Say Farewell - Children's Picture Book

I won Amanda Helps Becky Say Farewell by Patricia Goskolwski Kubus as a first reads at Goodreads. It came out in May of this year.  I am sure that it was listed to increase publicity and readership.

I received it in the mail yesterday and decided to read it to my son as our night time reading.  Becky has a beloved dog named Max, living in a house with a dog, cat, bird and fish, I understand the emotional attachment to pets.  One day Amanda comes home from school to find that Max has been in a fatal accident.  She has a hard time accepting his death, and one evening she has a dream, in which and angel, named Amanda, comes and helps her understand the place of death in life.  Amanda tells her it is time to give her love to someone else, and that she will see Max again.

My son was very interested in this book, he wanted to look closer at the pictures and it led to a discussion on life and death.  This was a very positive learning experience for both of us.  I gave this book 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.